IMPORTANT UPDATE: Due to changes in our funding circumstances Art & Culture's educational activities have been placed on hold (22.07.16)
1) Entrants must be aged 21 years old or above.
2) Submissions should be no more than 750 words.
3) Entrants may only submit one article per prize and it should not have been
published previously in print or online.
4) Entrants may not enter if they have had more than three published pieces of writing in print.
Please check with us if you are in doubt.
5) Art & Culture will prepare a shortlist before being judged by a panel of figures in the contemporary art world.
6) Submissions should address a contemporary visual arts exhibition which has taken place within
six months of the submission deadline, either in the UK or internationally.
7) Articles should be submitted in PDF or Microsoft Word format.
8) The name of document should be your name in capital letters.
9) Please do not include images.
10) Please format the file so that the whole document fits onto one sheet.
11) Your name, the title of the exhibition and the dates of the exhibition should be written clearly at the
top of the page.
12) Please include email address and contact phone number at the top of the submission.
13) Please do not include footnotes.
14) The winner will be asked to show proof of age.
We favour criticism which privileges accessibility without losing analytical bite, which does not mystify with
art jargon or compromise content, and which maintains intellectual rigour, strong visual analysis and demonstrates a thorough engagement with contemporary art in general.
Please note, writers should not submit reviews of any Breese Little exhibitions or exhibitions which
include artists we work with regularly. If in doubt please contact us before submitting.